Our aim is to create an open, supportive and vibrant space for students around issues of sexual orientation and gender identity. Please feel free to talk to us about anything queer-related, including: coming out, harassment, family issues, being out in the workplace, health concerns, dating, and anything else you can think of. Please know that you don't need to identify as B, G, L, T or Q to talk with us. We are happy to talk if you want to know more about how to be a better friend and ally to BGLTQ students, if you are interested in queer history and politics, or you just have questions about our lives and experiences.
Kirkland's 2020-21 BGLTQ Tutors: Edie Johnson, Kevin Mastro
- Office of BGLTQ Student Life: Harvard includes a vibrant and active bisexual, gay, lesbian, transgender, queer and ally community of students, faculty, staff, and alumni/ae. Students may connect with the BGLTQ community in a multitude of ways such as social events, programs, student organizations, and political groups.The Office of BGLTQ Student Life is the college's hub for information on BGLTQ resources and events. All genders and sexualities are welcome! We encourage students to stop by the office to meet the staff, study, ask questions, or get resources. Their office is in Grays basement.
- BAGELS: BAGELS is Harvard's group for bisexual, gay, lesbian, and transgendered Jews, their friends and supporters. We sponsor events that foster a BGTLQ Jewish community on campus, and increase awareness about both religion and sexuality.
- Harvard Gender and Sexuality Caucus: The Harvard Gender & Sexuality Caucus has been working for the bisexual, gay, lesbian, trans and queer members of the Harvard University community since 1984. The HGSC (formerly the HGLC) is dedicated to fostering a robust community that links the BGLTQ alumni, faculty, staff and students together on campus and around the world.
- Room 13: A confidential, peer-counseling group. 617-495-4969 Every night, 7PM-7AM Thayer Basement B-09 (enter from side of building closest to Mass Ave)
- Queer Resource Center: A student-run organization at Harvard College, the QRC provides a comfortable, open place on campus for Harvard undergraduates to hang out, convene, and enjoy LGBTQ resources. Hours are Monday-Friday, 11am-5pm (closed on holidays and reading/exam period). Location: Thayer Basement.